Naked news: Gaga on celibacy, Huckabee on gay adoption & Nike on Tiger
- “[I]t’s not really cool any more to have sex all the time,” says Lady Gaga.
- Mike Doesn’t-Believe-in-Evolution Huckabee’s deep thoughts on gay couples adopting: “Children are not puppies. This is not a time to see if we can experiment and find out, how does this work?”
- “It was a surprise for me to see how many psychopaths I met in the priesthood,” says psychiatrist Dr. Lothstein, in a NY Times article about the Catholic Church pedophilia scandal.
- A new study, published online in the Journal of Adolescent Health, suggests PG-13 films are serving up more violence though not as much sex.
- Most young adults agree that penile-vaginal intercourse is sex, but less than one in five think that oral-genital contact counts as having sex. Hello, this is another good reason why comprehensive sex ed is imperative.
- Speaking of sex ed: the socially conservative, Evangelical District Attorney of Wisconsin sent a letter to health teachers threatening the risk of criminal charges if they follow a new law mandating comprehensive sex education.
- In a huge blow to reproductive rights in Nebraska, state lawmakers pass a bill banning abortions at 20 weeks based on assertions that fetuses feel pain by then.
- In case you haven’t seen it, the Nike ad featuring a somber, stupid-looking Tiger Woods, post-sex scandal — bleh.
MORE FROM EM & LO:
photo by Domain Barnyard